Holy Name of Jesus School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generall accorded or made available to students of the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethinic, or disability in violation of state or federal law or regulation in the administration of its educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administerd programs.
- PK3 students must be three years old by September 30th of the school year.
- All students entering PK3 must be potty trained.
- PK4 students must be four years old by September 30th of the school year.
- Kindergarten students must be five years old by September 30 of the school year.
Priority preference will be given to children of the Roman Catholic religion.
Registration does not guarantee placement in the school if the school is not able to serve the needs of the student. There is an Individual Needs Committee (INC) to consider student academic concerns as recommended.
- All applications must be submitted by February 6, 2018.
- All families will be notified of admission status the week of March 2, 2018.
- All personal documents requested must be provided.
- All academic records will be requested directly from the current school by the Admissions Director.
- The application must be completed and signed.
- A non-refundable application fee of $50.00 for each child must accompany the admissions packet.
The Admissions Committee reviews applications and will correspond with those parents/guardians who submit applications. The application fee is non-refundable.The application deadline in February 6, 2018. All families will be notified of admission status the week of March 2, 2018. Within two weeks of receipt of the acceptance letter, the registration fee of $150 along with the enrollment contract must be returned. No space will be held unless this payment deadline is met. The registration fee is non-refundable.
- Holy Name of Jesus School will accept students according to the following categories until class size is full:
- Applicants who have siblings already enrolled in the school
- Catholics who are registered, active, and supporting members of HNJ Parish
- Catholics active in parishes that do not have a parish elementary school
- Children whose parent(s)/guardian(s) are graduates of the school
- Non-Catholic applicants on a space-available basis.
In the case of a student transferring from another Archdiocesan Catholic school, the principal will investigate the status (academic, financial obligations, and discipline) of the student by conferring with the previous principal, and by reviewing the report card and pertinent records.
NEW STUDENT ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Copies of the following certificates are required for entry into all grades and must be presented at the time of registration:
- Birth Certificate
- Baptismal Certificate (Catholic only)
- Release Form
- $50 Application Fee (non-refundable)
- Immunization Records (see Health Records)
- Church Support Envelope Number (If member of Holy Name of Jesus Parish)
- Social Security Number
- Report Card (if applicable)
- Recent photo
- Divorced or separated parents must supply a court certified copy of the custody section of the divorce or separation decree to the school office
- Medical report of any specific medical issues, such as diabetes, heart trouble, allergies, etc., of which the school should be aware
- Educational and psychological evaluations, if available
- Any additional pertinent records
It is the responsibility of the custodial parent to furnish the school with a copy of the custody section of the divorce decree. This school abides by the provisions of the Buckley Amendment with respect to the rights of the non-custodial parent. In the absence of a court order to the contrary, the school will provide the non-custodial parent with access to the academic records and to other school-related information regarding the child. If there is a court order specifying that there is to be no information given, it is the responsibility of the custodial parent to provide the school with an official copy of the court order. This also applies to guardianship.