Holy Name of Jesus School is an inclusive community dedicated to teaching children confidence, compassion, and integrity, while staying committed to academic excellence and the Catholic faith.
"Education is one of the most important ways by which the Church fulfills the commitment to the dignity of the person and building of community." ---To teach as Jesus did.
The educational philosophy at Holy Name of Jesus School is centered on the belief that faith development is integral to our mission and success. It is our belief that if we put Jesus first in our lives, that same belief will permeate the lives of the children and of the families that we touch. Constant attention to this basic belief will allow us to:
- Establish traditions so that children will have "constants" in their lives;
- Help each child reach his or her full potential;
- Accept each child for his or her uniqueness or individualism;
- Educate the whole child: spiritually, intellectually, socially and emotionally.
Adding another dimension to our philosophy are the traditions and charisms of the Jesuit Fathers and the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas, under whose guidance the school has flourished for over 125 years.
We are a community that strives to open our eyes with faith, open our ears with truth and open our hearts with love. Through this trinity, we hope to provide the ideal environment to educate our students and pass on our Catholic heritage. When this is accomplished, we believe that we will have prepared our children to successfully meet the challenges of the 21st century.
- Find God in everyone and everything
- Strive for personal excellence
- Are boys and girls for others
- Open eyes with faith, open ears with truth, and open hearts with love
Faith, Family, Foundation...for over 125 years: Holy Name of Jesus School